Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Newspapers: The glue keeping it all together.
Internet is fast and reliable but is giving newspapers the boot a good choice?

The internet has become the best media for reading stories, researching, buying goods, and for many other uses. In the past decade many companies have began to advertise via the internet and have called it quits on newspapers or are very close to it. In my opinion the internet is easier, but somehow by seeing print in newspapers I am more likely to buy a product and thoroughly enjoy a story.

In an article on a real estate site many workers and agents are assuming that newspapers will not be selling houses by 2012. Better Homes and Gardens real estate agency uses a graph to show the rising numbers in internet use and nearly nonexistant newspaper usage for selling houses. This is one of many companies deciding against newspapers. Why would they do that?


Well, my own reasoning is not only do I enjoy reading the newspaper but I am also not a fan of putting personal information let alone credit cards on the internet. There are far too many possibilites of information getting hacked into and I do not want to deal with that. Even though internet is a fast way of looking at coverage, most of the time there are full stories in newspapers and print because there is not enough space in the media version.

While looking for information on this touchy subject I came across another article. Ironically, I came across this specific article on a newspaper web design site. Not only does this writing explain how the internet is cutting off the newspaper but I also learned that while creating online newspapers promote great savings due to delivery costs there is a very big loss in revenues. I belive that the internet and technology is rising but everyone who is still wrapped up in the newspaper, like myself, will not be happy with the results in money and information.











No comments:

Post a Comment