Monday, November 9, 2009


Losing Newspapers and Gaining Technology.

Even though technology has changed our world forever, people that do not read newspapers usually miss out on much information that only newspapers have to offer.
(Referring to Joe Kani's blog)


Scattered around the house, I have old newspapers and articles that I found to be thrilling and well written. Some are pictures that have meaning to me or maybe just a good read. Either way the reason I have these is because they mean something to me and I can take them out and read them.

While Internet has become the norm for reading and gathering information, website sources do not have as much in depth coverage as newspapers do even though they do supply more information. Whether it is a list of special family Christmas gifts or a story of a man and his best friend, there are touching stories that I find in the newspaper on a daily basis.

As I was looking for information on this subject not only did I find that newspapers are slowly but surely diminishing into nothing but to my dismay many people have decided to stay strictly with only the Internet. But… yes, there is a but. Internet may hold more information but it does not get quite as in depth in news coverage and stories as previously stated. Newspapers, on the other hand, do go very in depth in most cases.

Another way of looking at it is to think of the places one can take a newspaper compared to use the Internet. Even though labtops are on the rise and something most people have, it would not be easy to read a story while on the bus for example. A reader can simply place a newspaper in a purse, briefcase, or even hold onto it and easily have something to read.



In a recent article that I came across, the coverage was about cost and the amount of information that is found between Internet and newspapers. Using Internet is cheaper while buying and making newspapers takes more time and money. Newspapers can show and give a writer to reader experience more than Internet. The Internet can give a viewer video and sounds. There are pro’s and con’s to each but I will say that while reading a personal story, the more in depth an article is the more effective I find the story to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment